Boyle Davis Gag Cover
The Gag Cover provides a durable, flexible cushion, manufactured from high-quality, cured silicone elastomer, to protect the teeth, caps and crowns of the patient from accidental damage or trauma when a Boyle Davis mouth gag is utilised for oral surgical procedures.
The Gag Cover is a flexible, preformed device, precisely moulded to fit over the tooth plate of an adjustable Boyle Davis mouth gag, a designed to provide dental protection during intra-oral surgical procedures eg: tonsillectomies.
The Gag Cover may be positioned on the instrument either within the Sterilisation Department prior to the processing of the surgical instrument set, or in the sterile field of the Operating Department during the procedure, and the product is available in both sterile and non-sterile forms to facilitate this flexibility of choice.
- Clinically approved: Chemically inert, biocompatible, and free from latex or phthalate.
- Durable: High tear-resistance and tensile strength.
- Flexible: To assist positioning on the instrument.
- Two-sizes: To fit both options of the Boyle Davis mouth gag – Adult and Paediatric sizes
- Sterile or nonsterile: To enable change or fitting either in HSDU, or within the Operating Theatre
- Coloured blue: For easy identification
- Radio-Opaque: Contains Barium Sulphate (BaSO4) to ensure visibility under X-Ray control.
Gag Covers are supplied:
- Sterile or non-sterile
- Adult size or Paediatric size
- 30 units per box
Intended for single use only
Sterilised by gamma irradiation, single use only.