The Medasil Bite Guard is a flexible, durable, preformed device manufactured from high quality, cured silicone elastomer, moulded to protect the teeth and other tissues from damage due to accidental impact and trauma.
|Code||Sterilization Options||Type Options|
The Bite Guard is intended to be positioned over the teeth prior to, and during, induction of anaesthesia, intubation, or any surgical or diagnostic procedure involving oral access.
The device provides protection against accidental damage to any loose teeth, dental feature (eg caps, crowns) or tissues of the buccopharyngeal area that may result from unintentional contact with surgical instruments such as laryngoscopes and endoscopes.
- Clinically approved: Chemically inert, biocompatible, and free from latex or phthalate (DEHP).
- Moulded design: Smooth contours enhance patient comfort and acceptance.
- Durable: High tear-resistance and tensile strength, resilient structure prevents penetration by teeth.
- Flexible: Flexes easily to accommodate a wide variety of dental anatomy.
- Soft and pliable: May be easily trimmed to reduce the size if required for younger patients.
- Options: Available with or without integral ribbon tape, for additional security and fixation.
- Coloured Blue: For easy identification.
- Radio-Opaque: Contains Barium Sulphate (BaSO4) to ensure visibility under X-Ray control.
Bite Guards are supplied:
- Sterile or non-sterile
- With or without tape
- 30 units per box
Intended for single use only.
Sterilised by gamma irradiation, single use only.