Tympanostomy Tubes (grommets)
Medasil Tympanostomy Tubes are available in a range of well-established designs to accommodate clinical preference and requirements and are manufactured from high quality fluoroplastic or silicone elastomer.
Tympanostomy tubes (or grommets) are used in the treatment of Otitis Media (Glue Ear) following a myringotomy procedure. The myringotomy incision enables pressure to equalise on either side of the tympanic membrane, restoring position and function to the eardrum, and also providing access for the drainage of excess fluid from the middle ear.
The grommet is designed to maintain patency of the aperture created by the myringotomy, for sufficient time to enable appropriate treatment to resolve the original obstruction in the eustachian tube.
- Clinically approved: Chemically inert, biocompatible, and free from latex or phthalate (DEHP).
- Advanced design: Smooth contours enhance patient comfort and acceptance
- High-quality materials: Fluoroplastic or silicone elastomer, will not support bacterial or fungal growth
- Options: 2 established designs, well tolerated by the patient
- Colour contrast: White or blue colour is distinct from natural ear pathology, for optimum contrast and visibility
- Compatible: May be introduced and removed using standard surgical instruments
- Adjustable: T-Tube options may be easily shortened by scissors or scalpel blade if required.
- Each tympanostomy tube is supplied sterile in a moulded plastic cassette, and single-wrapped in a peel pouch.
Sterilized by ethylene oxide, single use only.